Wednesday, March 7, 2012


I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I was the recipient of The Lobster Award, a very innovative award created and given out by Victor of Time For Reflections and he serves it as he says "...on a silver platter", and "... all by itself to the few carefully selected Bloggers who merit recognition and distinction from amongst their peers and the rest of society."
WOW, I thought,... to be counted with such selected bloggers wondering what it was that I did which merited me being one of these selected few. Victor goes on to say that "The Lobster Award is an honor given to those Bloggers who visit you regularly, no matter how feeble, tiresome, long-winded and sleep making your posts may be, and who leave a word of encouragement or good cheer in your Comments Box." Now honestly I really do not have to make any effort as I love to visit Time for Reflections as Victor's posts are always so wonderfully written. His style of writing is just great and inspiring...but hold on, do I really need to say more, you can see for yourselves, just visit Time for Reflections. Victor has also written several Christian fiction books which you can read about on his blog. Oh, by the way he also has a great sense of humour ☺
Now it is my turn to nominate those who merit this award, please come forward to collect your award and I thank you all for visiting and commenting (I know some of you just visit without leaving a comment and I still appreciate your visits) on this blog...you are one of the main reasons I keep writing here...if I have forgotten anyone please come forward just the same and collect this great award, you all deserve it!

Victor
Crafty Sue
HappyBird
Cinzia
Southshoreartist
Amy

All you have to do is...
Proudly copy the Lobster Award logo above on your Blogs and in turn feel inspired and encouraged to nominate others who visit and leave regular messages in your Comments Box.

The rules for nominations are simple:

1 Nominate someone who regularly visits your Blog and leaves a message in the Comments Box.

2 Tell them about their nomination.

Have FUN with this award and hopefully when it has made its turns, it might just come back to you "on a silver platter"!

Blessings to you all!


13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Lobster Award, Doreen. I like visiting your Blog.

    Now I'd better visit Victor's and read what he writes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL it's amazing how you always manage to make me smile : )
    Well Victor you certainly deserve this award as you always leave good cheer in my comments Box.
    God bless you too,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen, thanks for this award, I am very honoured.
    I will be posting it on my blog as soon as I find some spare time.I hope to check up on Victor's blog too.
    Thank you!
    Hugs,
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, it's my pleasure, you definitely merit this award...you're such a faithful follower of both my Blogs : ) Enjoy this award sis and yes do visit Victor's blog, you'll enjoy it there : ) God bless!
    Hugs,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder ... how do you say "lobster" in Maltese?

    It tastes quite different from "zoppa tal' armla" !!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest we just use the word Lobster usually but the Maltese word for it is Awwista.
    Now the "soppa ta' l-armla" is something quite different of course and your question makes me wonder...have you ever tried it? Translated it is the widow's soup and it was a staple dish for many families who wanted to make something filling, appetizing and healthy but not spend too much.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx Doreen. Sorry for the bad spelling of soppa ta' l-armla. My mother told me years ago of the widow's soup. Tomato sauce, peas and eggs left to poach in the sauce. I understand it's a cheap meal when widows did not have meat. It tastes great. We have it every now and then.

    Can't think of any typical Maltese recipes. Is there a Maltese cuisine?

    My mother used to make "stoffat" - mixture of vegetables, meat and tomato sauce.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Doreen qui tutto bene, grazie! Grazie mille anche per il premio che mi hai assegnato!
    Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Victor, no problem with the spelling, Maltese is a very difficult language! And I admire you for your interest and effort!
    Yes it was a cheap meal but nourishing nonetheless! WOW I did not know you had tasted it as well as our Stuffat which is one of my favourites : ) How lovely that your mother cooked it for you.
    Our cuisine is a very mixed affair since our island being right in the middle of the Mediterranean has had influences from Italian, Middle East and Arab foods and the from the presence of the Knights of St.John and more recently the British. Then of course these dishes were transformed and adapted to whatever was available on the island. Gosh maybe I should write a post about this : D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Doreen, thank you so much for the award. You are always so kind and are such a inspiration :) I will post on my blog when I can catch a moment......thanks again
    Leola (Southshoreartist)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doreen who knew??? Thank you for the award. I learn so much from your blog. I too will post on my blog too! Happy Lobster Award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you and your husband.

    Happy & Blessed Easter

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Victor : )
    Happy Easter and many Blessings to you too!

    ReplyDelete